Want to suffer incredibly long and annoying shipping times? Buy online from Kohls

ARG! I'm grumpy, where's my duvet!
Seriously.

I believe that bad companies need to be held accountable for their actions, in this case, I'm calling out Kohls for it's abnormally long shipping times.

They're stuck in the dark ages of online commerce. Here's my advice for Kohls: If you're selling stuff on the internet, get your act together and learn how to promptly fill orders.

Here's what happened:

I bucked under all this Cyber Monday pressure like a weak egg shell and bought a duvet online from Kohls.  I gleefully submitted my order and waited patiently for my order to be shipped.

Four days went by with no courtesy emails from them.

Got a prob? Take your complaint to the offending
company's Facebook page for instant
response. 
Now, in this internet age, when you buy something online, you can usually expect emailed updates like, "Your order has been filled!" and "Your order has shipped!" So when I didn't get any emails from them, I got concerned.

I looked up my order status on their site. "In fulfillment," it said.

I started at it. Well what the hell does that mean? I asked myself. I used their Q&A section to find out and was shocked to learn that it meant my order hadn't even been freaking filled yet.

Four days later and they haven't fulfilled my order yet?

Then I looked up their shipping time and it says it takes 7 to 10 days.

Now, I'm no online shopping novice. Usually when I buy items online, they're on my doorstep 3 or 4 days later. (Overstock.com's awesome shipping times has spoiled me.)

An 11 day walk? Pshyea, no prob. 
I struggled with the math. That means that if they fulfill my order today (highly unlikely) and it's shipped in the 7 day minimum time, the soonest I'd get my product is a full 11 days after ordering?

I know that's excessive, even if I'm horrible at math and numbers.

I started to get mad about it.

I decided to do the mature thing and to complain on their Facebook wall.

So I wrote, "So I'm pretty upset that I ordered something online from Kohls four days ago and my order hasn't even been filled yet, nevertheless shipped. My overstock.com stuff is on my doorstep three days after ordering. Is there a reason why your online orders take so long to process?" 



I started to get mad about To which they replied, "Hi Lee, we are working hard to get everything shipped as soon as possible. Our standard shipping time frame is 7-10 business days."

Are they serious? Do they think a 7 to 10 day shipping time (not including order processing times) is reasonable?


Because maybe in the Stone Ages of online commerce this was normal but it's not.

When I bought this item from Kohls, I didn't expect to get it 11 to 14 days later for goodness sake.

Here are what Kohl's competitors are offering in terms of shipping times. I urge you to buy from them instead:


Sears.com  Standard Shipping (1 to 5 business days)
Target.com Standard Shipping (3 to 5 business days)
Amazon.com Standard Shipping (3 to 5 business days)
Walmart.com Standard Shipping (3 to 5 business days) 
JCPenney.com Standard Shipping (4 to 7 business days)



Wanting to illustrate how excessively long that order time is, I went to Google Maps to see how long it would take me to walk, on foot, to the Kohl's headquarters in Milwaukee. The 878 mile walk would take me about 11 days, which is less than the time it's going to take them to get my order to me.

Outrageous.

Use your consumer power to teach this company to join the rest of the normal companies and improve their order fulfillment and delivery times.

I'm going to return the damn duvet the second it arrives just to be spiteful.

(Let's see how long it takes them to process that!)