Do I send out invitations or just make a Facebook event?

My handwriting is awesome!
Boyfriend is grunting to indicate his annoyance and obviously I have to address it because I'm sitting right next to him and he knows that I can hear him.

"What's the problem here?"

"My hand hurts already," he says, shaking it to prove how uncomfortable he feels.

"So does mine," I say. "You don't have to help me if you don't want to."

We're in the kitchen filling out invitations that I bought at Target for an upcoming barbecue I'm throwing.

We both have terrifying handwriting and writing things with a pen is physically painful for people like us who have typed 90 words per minute on a daily basis for the past 15 years.

"But you don't have to do this," he says looking at me pleadingly.

"How will people know if I'm having a barbecue if they don't get the invitations in the mail?"

"You should send out a Facebook invite," he tells me.

Shit, that's a way better idea, I'm thinking. I stop to look at the illegible phone number I've just scribbled all over the monkey invitation.

"Everyone has Facebook," he says.

"Nobody takes those Facebook invites seriously," I say. "And not everybody has Facebook."

Then I start thinking about how I'm going to bolster my "nobody has Facebook argument," because I know that I can't back that one up with facts.
The next morning, he did make an event invite on Facebook.... but not for the BBQ

"No, you're the only one who doesn't take Facebook invites seriously." he says, "Everybody else does."

"People need real invitations so they have something that they can put on the fridge!" I protest. "People like having invitations hung up on the fridge."

I pointed to the fridge and there are wedding invitations stuck all over it.

"Nobody sends out these kind of invitations anymore," he says.

But there are monkeys on them! I'm thinking, but instead I say, "So when we get married you're just going to send out a Facebook event invite to everyone?"

Without skipping  a beat he says, "Yes."