Text messaging etiquette....

Here are some free lessons about text messaging.

1.) For god's sake, don't bother us with spammy-mass texts that are chain messages:

Those friendship chain-mail texts are nauseating. "I'd better get this back, insert stupid story, followed by request to send it off to ten other victims." NO THANKS. Not everyone has free, unlimited text messaging. Mine costs me an extra 10 cents for each one. I end up paying an extra 50 dollars per bill because of them (thank you Cingular[AT&T, whateeeever] for raping me anally every bill period BTW). (@)>~~~`~~ This is a rose. Send it to those who love you. (Is that really necessary?!)

2.) When you're at a party, sitting in a corner texting fanatically, you look like Gollum:
You're not fooling anybody, we all know that you're having a text war with a boyfriend, girlfriend, whatever. Be social, play beerpong, introduce yourself to someone nearby. Nobody likes disturbing that anti-social person who's sitting in the corner, silently waiting for a beep (or for your precious message).

3.) Do not ever, under any circumstance respond to a text message with a lonely question mark(Mike):
If I open up my new message to find only this, "?" well then I'm boiling. Really? You couldn't just ask me what I meant? So glad I took the time, to get excited over my new text message to see a lonely punctuation mark. How, UNinteresting.

4.) This one's for the gentlemen:
If I give you my number, be a man and call me. Do not text message me a succession of messages because you are too chicken-shit to call me. If I gave you my number, then I'd like to hear from you (unless I was cornered in which case, I won't pick up, so no worries). That means, that the first time you try to contact me, should not be via text message. It's annoying to receive and have to respond to a barrage of messages saying "It's fillintheblank from the other night." Followed by a "Let's get together sometime." Then a "When are you free?" Then a "How about Friday?" GOSH IT NEVER ENDS. If there's enough material to justify over three texts, then just fucking call, or I'll delete you from my phone and your messages will be ignored.


5.) DON'T USE ALL CAPS!
IT'S HARD TO READ, AND IT SEEMS LIKE YOU'RE STANDING AT THE TOP OF A MOUNTAIN SCREAMING (opt for smoke signals). IT'S NOT HARD TO CAPITALIZE PROPERLY, EVEN ALL LOWERCASE IS PREFERRED TO ALL CAPS.

6.) Ok, nobody's grammar is perfect. But having nice, clean text messages makes me happy. Bad grammar is akin to bad breath, it doesn't bother you, but it bothers others. So brush up on your use of your and you're.